Deadline: Monday, April 30, 5 pm (Atlantic)
– Must be a Canadian citizen under 30 years of age and a graduate of a Canadian post-secondary institution
– Must be available to work in Sackville, New Brunswick
16 weeks (May 14 – August 31, 2012)
This position is supported by Young Canada Works, Building Careers in Heritage, through the Cultural Human Resource Council.
SappyFest is seeking a creative and skilled individual to join the organization as Communications Coordinator and
assist in the production of SappyFest, a dynamic music and arts festival in Sackville, New Brunswick. The
communications coordinator will work with festival staff and creative committee on the creation and cross-platform
implementation of visual and media related content pertaining to the festival.
We are seeking a talented, energetic team member with skills, education, and experience in some of the following
– Web design
– Graphic design
– Video production/editing
– Radio/audio production
– Communications, social media, brand identity etc.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized and imaginative individual with strong design and computer skills,
able to work and meet deadlines in a bustling, fast paced environment. SappyFest is a small, creative organization with
a unique product and vision in the cultural landscape. We are looking for a driven, problem solver with a combination
of visually creative and technical skills.
In six short years SappyFest has emerged as one of the most critically acclaimed and highly revered independent music
festivals in the country. Renowned for its diverse, cutting edge programming and unique, charming atmosphere,
SappyFest has distinguished itself by focusing on artists and creativity first and foremost. SappyFest Inc. is registered
non-profit organization responsible for the annual production of SappyFest, a small independent music and arts festival
in Sackville, New Brunswick.
– A current résumé/cv with two references
– Cover letter
– Digital portfolio/work sample: 10-15 images, website, video/audio/10 min max (no attachments over 10MB please)
– Submissions will be accepted in person, through the post or email. Email: email@example.com for more info or clarification. Send mail to:
SappyFest Hiring Committee
6 Ford Lane
Thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more info on SappyFest please visit our website: www.sappyfest.com