4Cs Foundation www.4csfoundation.com in Halifax, NS is seeking an exceptional individual to lead our ART BIKERS program. This opportunity is for someone who is passionate about using art as a tool for community development and is an experienced program coordinator and facilitator.
We would be especially interested in someone who could be available for creative, full-time work between April and September for several years.
This call for application will remain open until the right candidate is found.
As the ART BIKERS COORDINATOR, you will inspire and manage a team of young artists/creative community workers in delivering art-based activities that engage the general public (primarily children/youth) in exploring, connecting and creating together.
• You value collaborative art-making as a tool for bringing people together to give voice, address issues, share stories and/or celebrate at a community level.
• You display a high level of imaginative and creative thinking and have a range of arts skills – ideally interdisciplinary skills.
• You have experience fostering creative expression in others by facilitating their learning and engagement in arts activities.
• You are open, genuine, energetic, reliable, and a respectful, inclusive leader.
• You have solid experience with program coordination and with staff hiring, training and supervision.
• You are highly adaptable in unpredictable situations.
• You are physically fit, have urban bicycle riding skills and own a mountain or hybrid bicycle in excellent working condition.
There is the possibility of a part-time 4Cs Intern position starting in January 2012 before starting the contract full time position. Please indicate in your email if you are interested in discussing this possibility.
Start date: To be established in dialogue with candidate, however no later than April 1, 2012
End Date: September 8, 2012
Wage Range: $18.00 to $22.00hour/35 hours per week, to be determine based on your experience.
Detailed job description is available online at: http://www.4csfoundation.com/content/coordinator-art-bikers-program-job-description
Please review this before applying and tailor your application to the position.
Apply by sending your cover letter, resume, and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line should read: Application Art Bikers Coordinator. No phone calls please. We will confirm that we have received your application via a return email.