The Fredericton Arts Alliance (FAA) is a charitable non-profit organization, committed to supporting artists and the arts in the Fredericton region. Since 1999, the FAA has been facilitating the development of a vibrant arts community in the region by supporting the development of local artists, increasing the exposure of local artists and their work in the wider community, promoting public awareness of the arts, and engaging the public and their elected representatives in dialogue on the role of arts and culture in our community and economy.
Position Description: Working under the direction of a volunteer Board of Directors, the FAA Summer Coordinator will manage the day-to-day logistics for the FAA’s Artist in Residence Program, situated in Fredericton’s Historic Garrison District. This will involve: coordinating artist contracts, communicating with artists, ensuring proper set-up of the residency space and smooth transitions between multiple artist residencies throughout the summer. In addition to coordinating the Artist in Residence Program, the student will take on various other responsibilities in order to help advance the work of the FAA in the community.
Hours and Compensation: 35 hours weekly (day time), at $11/ hour for a total of 8 weeks.
Students with the following attributes are encouraged to apply:
- Works well with public, and possess strong interpersonal skills
- Capable of working under minimal supervision
- Energetic and self-motivated
- Strong planning skills (plan, coordinate, and execute events and activities)
- Keen interest in the arts and in working with artists at the community level
- Strong communication skills: written and oral
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to work on site (outdoors), as needed
- Capable of and willing to do light physical labour, as needed
- Capable in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word)
How to apply: Please forward resume and cover letter by email to the Fredericton Arts Alliance Board, through the following email address, no later than May 18th: email@example.com
Tentative start date: May 25, 2015.