Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre in Sackville is seeking an individual to fill the intern position of Technical Associate and work as a team member as they further develop a media arts centre in New Brunswick.
Under the supervision of the Faucet Media Arts Centre Manager, the Technical Associate will develop as the Centre’s principal technician, manage and deliver introductory level media arts workshops, and oversee the Centre’s equipment inventory and its membership. During the course of the internship the Technical Associate will have the opportunity to conceive and manage a new programme initiative for the Centre.
Applicants must meet all Young Canada Works requirements.
You are eligible if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada; Note: Non-Canadian students holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible.
- are legally entitled to work in Canada;
- are between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- meet the eligibility criteria of the program for which you are applying;
- are registered in the YCW online candidate inventory;
- are willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- do not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week**) while employed with YCW;
- are an unemployed or underemployed college or university graduate, that is, not employed full-time;
- are a recent graduate who has graduated from college or university within the last 24 months at the start of employment;
- are not receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while employed with YCW;
- must not have previously participated in or been paid under this or any other Career Focus internship program funded under the Government of Canada’s Youth Employment Strategy.
**Note: Interns with a disability are eligible for part-time work in Canada only.
In addition to the YCW requirements, applicants must also demonstrate:
- A technical background, training and/or experience: BFA (major in media arts), film school, or technical media programme in community level college.
- Artistic achievement in a post-secondary environment or otherwise.
- Skills in a Mac computer environment specially including Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro.
- Skills and/or experience with video, film and other areas of media arts eg. audio, robotics, computer installations, etc.
The position is for 12 months, 30 hour per week from June 17, 2013 – June 13, 2014. Salary is $18,720 plus billet with two weeks paid vacation. Subject to successful support from the Young Canada Works programme.
Struts Gallery & Faucet Media Arts Centre
7 Lorne Street
Sackville, New Brunswick
Attention: YCW Intern
Application Deadline: April 19, 2013
Struts and Faucet encourage any and every eligible person interested in contemporary media arts production to apply for this position.
This position is pending funding by Young Canada Works. Applicants must register with Young Canada Works to be eligible. Register online at: https://www.youngcanadaworks.ca/index-eng.cfm