The Charlotte Street Arts Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick seeks an Interim Arts Development Coordinator for a term of one year.
A focal point for creation, education and presentation in the arts, the Charlotte Street Arts Centre functions as a hub of artistic activity in downtown Fredericton.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Art Development Coordinator oversees the management and administration of all aspects of the organization’s Arts-based Education Program, ArtReach, including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and controlling program activities.
The Arts Development Coordinator is responsible for the overall management, resource development, volunteer training and supervision, and evaluation of the programs: the ArtReach program (at-risk youth, underprivileged children, families and seniors, women and children recovering from domestic violence, marginalized communities), facilitator training, and relevant partnership development.
• University degree in the arts, management certificate or equivalent experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of arts and education and demonstrated commitment to the arts.
• Experience working collaboratively with staff, volunteers, and diverse stakeholders.
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
• Language: Proficiency in both official languages would be an asset.
$16,640 ($16.00 per hour) annually, commensurate with experience, based on a 20-hour week.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a brief letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references.
Deadline for applications is November 19, 2012.
Applications should be emailed to the Attention of the Hiring Committee to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the centre: www.charlottestreetarts.ca