Calling all media artists from the Atlantic provinces, The Island Media Arts Festival (IMAF) in Prince Edward Island wants you (and your work). Animators, documentarians, comics, tragedians, experimentalists, or whomever you may be… we want to see what you create.
Entering into its second year, IMAF is extending its scope to include media artwork created by artists residing in or hailing from the four Atlantic provinces. This year’s festival theme is Seeing Ahead of the Curve. In an ever-expanding sector full of new creation-technologies and modes of dissemination it is easier than ever to connect specific local perspectives to the broader world consciousness. In this spirit, IMAF 2011 seeks to connect media art works made throughout the Atlantic provinces: What do they have in common? How do they differ? Is there an Atlantic-voice?With screenings province-wide, workshops, panel discussions, networking events, streetprojections, and parties, IMAF2011 is a little festival with big heart.
• Works of all genres are welcome.
• Maximum length of 30 min. (Special exceptions are possible, please contact IMAF to discuss possible exceptions).
• Sorry, no installation submissions this year.
• We are interested in works created for web distribution as well as traditional platforms.
• Works must be created by (the major creative force behind the work must come from) an individual who resides in or has significant ties to the Atlantic Provinces.
• Rough cuts can be submitted. Please indicate if your submission is a rough cut.
• Submission deadline is March 1st, 2011 (post-marked by March 1st, 2011)
• Successful Applicants will be notified by April 1st, 2011
• Presentation Copies must be at IMAF by April 15th, 2011
• IMAF 2011 takes place from May 12-15th 2011 at locations across PEI (Summerside, Charlottetown and Georgetown).
• Submission Forms can be found on our website at www.islandmedia.pe.ca/festival.html
• Submission copies must be submitted as a DVD (Region 1 NTSC – please test to make sure that the DVD works) OR as a Quicktime file on a DVD or CD.
• Selected works will be screened as high-quality Quicktime files. Please make sure that you have a high quality quicktime version of your work available. Details on this will be communicated to successful applicants.
• All submissions must be accompanied by a signed and completed IMAF Submission Form.
• All selected works will receive an Artist Fee based on current CARFAC rates.
Dave Ward – IMAF Director – (902)892-3131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Millefiore Clarkes – IMAF Curator – email@example.com
www.islandmedia.pe.ca/festival.html – IMAFestival Page